Can you put longboard trucks on a skateboard? The answer is yes. But there are some things you need to know before you do.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at what you need to know before making the switch to longboard trucks and discuss the pros and cons of doing so. Read on to learn more!
Can You Put Longboard Trucks On A Skateboard?
Yes, you can put longboard trucks on a skateboard. One of the main things you need to know before putting longboard trucks on a skateboard is that it will affect the way your board rides.
Longboard trucks are designed for stability and carving, while skateboard trucks are designed for tricks and maneuverability. This means that if you switch to longboard trucks, your skateboard will no longer be as good at doing tricks or turning sharply. It will, however, be better at going fast and carving.
Here is Step by step guide about “How to Put Longboard Trunks on a Skateboard Deck”, Watch and do it yourself.
What are longboard trucks and how do they work?
Longboard trucks are the metal T-shaped parts that attach the wheels to the deck of the longboard. They come in a variety of sizes, but the most common size is 180mm.
The trucks are mounted on kingpins, which are threaded bolts that go through the baseplate and into the hanger. The kingpin is what allows the truck to pivot, and it’s what makes carving possible.
When you turn your longboard, the trucks pivot on the kingpins, and this is what makes carving possible. Carving is when you use your weight and body position to make turns on your longboard.
It’s a key part of longboarding and it’s one of the things that makes it so much fun.
How can you tell if your skateboard has longboard trucks or not?
If you’re not sure whether or not your skateboard has longboard trucks, there are a few things you can look for.
- First, check the size of the trucks. If they’re 180mm or larger, then they’re probably longboard trucks.
- The easiest way to tell if your skateboard has longboard trucks is to look at the baseplate. If the baseplate is big and beefy, then it’s likely that your skateboard has longboard trucks.
- Another way to tell is by looking at the kingpins. If they’re big and protrude from the bottom of the truck, then it’s likely that your skateboard has longboard trucks.
- Try carving on your skateboard. If it feels stable and easy to carve, then chances are you have longboard trucks.
- The final way to tell is by looking at the wheels. If your wheels are 65mm or larger, then it’s likely that you have longboard trucks.
Benefits of using longboard trucks on a skateboard deck instead of regular skateboard trucks?
There are a few benefits to using longboard trucks on a skateboard deck.
- One of the main benefits is that it will affect the way your board rides.
- If you switch to longboard trucks, your skateboard will no longer be as good at doing tricks or turning sharply. It will, however, be better at going fast and carving.
- Another benefit of using longboard trucks on a skateboard is that they’re generally more durable than regular skateboard trucks. This is because they’re made from higher-quality materials and they’re built to last.
- So, if you’re looking for a more durable truck, then longboard trucks are a good option.
- The final benefit of using longboard trucks on a skateboard is that they can give you a smoother ride. This is because the bigger wheels and the higher quality construction of longboard trucks make for a smoother ride.
If you want to switch out your truck type, how do you go about doing that safely and effectively?
- If you want to switch out your truck type, the best way to do it is by going to a skate shop and asking for help.
- The staff at the skate shop will be able to tell you what trucks are best for your deck and they’ll also be able to install them for you.
- If you’re feeling confident, you can try doing it yourself. Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully and take your time so that you don’t damage your deck.
- When you’re ready to switch out your trucks, the first thing you need to do is remove the old ones. To do this, unscrew the kingpin nut and take the truck off of the deck.
- Once the old trucks are off, it’s time to install the new ones. To do this, simply line up the new truck with the holes on the deck and screw in the kingpin.
- Tighten the kingpin until it’s snug, but don’t overtighten it.
- Once the new trucks are installed, test them out by riding around and seeing how they feel.
FAQS – Replace Longboard Trucks with Skateboard Trucks
Can you put longboard trucks on a cruiser board?
Yes, you can put longboard trucks on a cruiser board. However, it’s not recommended because the trucks are designed for longboards.
Will any trucks fit on any skateboard?
No, not all trucks will fit on all skateboards. Each truck has a different baseplate size and hanger width.
Which is faster longboard or skateboard?
Longboards are typically faster than skateboards. This is because they have bigger wheels and their trucks are designed for stability at high speeds.
Why do Longboards have the trucks backward?
The trucks on a longboard are designed to be mounted in the reverse direction. This is because it provides more stability and makes the longboard easier to turn.
What trucks do pro skaters use?
There is no one answer to this question as different pro skaters prefer different trucks. Some of the most popular brands used by pro skaters are Independent, Thrasher, and Spitfire.
What happens if your trucks are too small?
If your trucks are too small, it will make your skateboard unstable and difficult to turn.
So, can you put longboard trucks on a skateboard? The answer is yes, and no. You can put longboard trucks on a skateboard, but it’s not always the best idea. Depending on your skating style and the type of board you have, putting longboard trucks on a skateboard might make your ride smoother or more difficult to control.
If you’re thinking about trying this modification, be sure to do your experiment first with different setups to find what works best for you.